Friday, September 19, 2008

Soul Searching

Soul searching
How deep do I have to go
It's hurting
Not being able to know

I seek answers for questions that don't make sense
A treasure that lies in a legend and nowhere else
Something that I had never sought before
Has become an obsession that though I deplore
I have to find to be able to live
A purpose to self that I have to give
The purpose whose abscence was never felt
Cause it was round the corner that I just bent
Not finding it where I thought it would be
A torrent of chaos swirling within me
No direction, no path, that I want to take
A nightmare that persists when i am awake

Empty within
A void I can not fill
No desire to win
My ghosts I can not kill

Am I giving up too soon? Are my battles unfought?
Am I letting go too easy of the happiness that I've got?
Is being hounded by questions reason enough
To lose my smiles and not to laugh
I have earned the place that I have in life
It's not come easy without struggle or strife
And I have to cross this one more hurdle
Not lug it around like a loathsome burden
Make this a journey like any other
Unknown destiny of an adventurer
Relish the possibilities that beckon my heart
And restore my spirit that's broken apart

Traveller alone
Who can hold me back?
Destination unknown
I shall make my own track

No comments: