Friday, July 4, 2008

Advertise Yourself

Fattening and flowery
(It's good to be good)
But excessively buttery
The praises you pour
Stop... You should
You're just beginning to bore

A blushing boss
At flattery fake
Gathering moss
While the dud is duped
For promotions sake
How low you stooped!!

Lips tightly sealed
As I believe
My work to yield
My just rewards
And while you grieve
The crowd applauds

How naive was I
To think this true
Deeds deafened by
Your dishonest shout
Smiles you accrue
I am seen with doubt

My work unheard
Because I didn't talk
Known to the world
Your empty brags
Letdown, with shock
My shoulder sags

Hard work unseen
Despite the sweat
Lies they scream
Awards they get

Advertise aloud the things you did
The game's about publicity
If you're honest work a bit
And pep up your visibility
- Himanshu

No comments: