Friday, July 4, 2008

Comfort versus Happiness

Joint at the hip like a pair of twins
Take one and the other will come it seems
But like the lonely child of lovers asunder
I live with one without the other

Without asking myself what I really sought
I hammered away at my life that was fraught
With regrets and greeds of comforts I yearned
And while hunting my goal many things I spurned

Things that I thought were distractions in the way
The love and the happiness which though I craved
These things I thought would be there at my goal
Bundled with riches, or so I was told

But the joys that I thought were only there at the end
Were sprinkled in abundance on the path that I tread
The comforts I desired in a mindless quest
Made me blind to the pleasures that I possessed

The race that I run has no finish
Chasing the outcome I don't have to perish
I no longer seek happiness in the comforts that I want
My comfort pours instead from the happiness that I've got

- Himanshu

No comments: