Friday, July 4, 2008

Distances

Distances...
That I didn't even fathom
Have emerged from their lairs
Like unwelcome nightmares.
Every meter composed
Is a few meters deposed
Away from my home
From the ones that I care for
From the ones that I love.

Distances...
With all the cell phones and air planes
And internet and emails
Are still so real.

Distances…
Nostalgia so cruel
And memories so frail
To battle my ail
But memories are all
That I have of them
And they have of me.

Distances...
I am told
Will strengthen the hold
Of hearts asunder
But love gets plundered
When distances persist
For a time too long
After which you return
To the place you belong
Expecting a welcome
With hugs and kisses
And smiles and tears
But find instead
A bolted door
Shut for the stranger
Heard about
In a languishing lore.

Distances...
Don't take me so far
That tears of my heart
Go unheard
As they drip on my soul.

- Himanshu

No comments: