Friday, July 4, 2008

Broken Trust

Broken trust...
The shards
Scattered on the ground

The doubts that were brushed away
Thought to be unfound
The doubts that never stood a chance
Against the towering trust I’d built
Not for a second did I ever pause
To let those doubts breed and grow
They eventually dealt a telling blow

The broken pieces of my trust
Sparkled with an eerie glow
Smeared with drops of my blood
I felt the memories gushing out
From the wrist that I had slit
As I watched the dark red stain
Like a blooming flower spreading out

Amidst the pain and doubts so strong
I meditated in silence for long
Brutally betrayed and alone
I held myself though I felt so torn
I prayed to God...
I had to pray
And trust for things to be right again
For the sake of someone who broke my trust
I can not let trust never grow again
I need to give trust another chance
Sometime, somewhere, for Someone else

- Himanshu

No comments: