Friday, July 4, 2008

I am no Robert Frost

Mr. Frost, a brave man was he
To take the road less traveled by.
Unread, however, his poetry
By the people who poke and pry
And push me on the roads I take
And desirous detours barricade.

Map of my life all charted out;
The journey made with a dotted line.
To remove even the slightest doubt
Or distractions of what I really pine,
Lest I indulge and incur a loss,
The major events marked by a cross.

The obedient kid that I was
Took the path that I was shown.
Pettifoggeries didn't want to cause
Just tumbled down where I was thrown.
Engineering followed by MBA;
Like thousands others I took this way.

The tiny spark seething within;
A chance I might just jump the fence.
Look at the world with a devilish grin,
"This is what I want, really, no offence".
What a delight that would be!
A chance to be what I want to be!

But oh the risks that hound my heart;
Now so much more I have to lose.
So scared I am to tear apart.
Is it now, too late to choose?
I don't have what it takes I guess
To take the road that's traveled less.

- Himanshu

No comments: