Friday, July 4, 2008

The Last Story

Boys and Girls today will be the last story I tell.
No. No. Now don't be so worked up. Do not cry and yell.
The story telling classes will continue to be.
A new teacher you will get just as good as me.
Now don't be so rowdy. You better make me proud.
And behave like good children with the new teacher around.
Yes Nathan,
You know my place. You can visit me whenever you want.
From the school, my home's just a tiny little jaunt.
Ohh-kay. I will tell you stories when you come to meet.
Yes... and you will all get cookies and cakes to eat.
There are no benches to sit at my home you know.
You will all have to bundle up and squat on the floor.
Oh children! I will always remember all your names.
Little Betty, Robert, Wilson and James.
And each of you, You have all been such brats!
(Do not giggle now)
And such a part of my life, to just forget like that.
No the new teacher is not a tyrant, you'll see.
She's very pretty and sweet, and younger than me.
I am going because I am too old to teach.
Oh how sweet Tanya!
Thanks for saying I look ripe as a peach.
But no, there are rules, and I have to go.
Yes, I wish the rules were made by you, Joe.
Then I could have told you stories forever and ever.
But then the new teacher so young and clever,
Would never get a chance to teach beautiful children like you.
And even though, I would love to continue
It wouldn't be fair to not give her a chance
And if times are not allowed to advance
We will all be always stuck in the past.
So. I will go now. Give me a hug class.
Oh. Don't rush like that. I can not breathe.
You stampeding herd. Now get back to your seat.
Children I am leaving the school and not you.
And while the school might forget me, I hope you won't too.
Bye! Love you all!
(Flying Kisses all around)

- Himanshu

No comments: