Friday, July 4, 2008

Party of Escape

It breaks into waves in wares of silver
It flows down the gullet like a raging river
I take lustful whiffs; the aromas titillate
It parches the throat with its acidic taste
The fires it lights cause delirious delights
As all my senses mingle and mate

The reasons I concede to this pleasure
To escape the burden of my lost treasure
The past now a blur much like the present
The hurt disappearing like the flagging crescent
We revel for no reason in this mirthless season
Shedding the pain made so easy and pleasant

The manly me tries to make it a joke
But the liquors consumed emotions evoke
And I laugh and cry in the very same instant
I confide even though there is no one to listen
In the party each punk lying wasted and drunk
And unshackled spirits break open their prison

- Himanshu

No comments: