Friday, July 4, 2008

Melancholy of an Artist

The journey of thoughts that froth in the mind
That pour through the pen only to find
Words feel so inept to convey what I meant
The essence of thoughts left sinking behind

The journey of emotions with their unquenched thirst
That pour with the colors in a gory burst
But the drawls I drew, Incomplete and untrue
To depict the pain of the entrenched hurt

The journey of defeat that spreads its roots
That pours through the violins, pianos and flutes
But the music I played, floundered and failed
To give me the strength to cope with the truth

The journey of feelings that flow from the heart
My fears and failings they fail to depart
The expanding void, I can't fight or avoid
They gnaw and they gouge till they tear me apart

Surviving the times with pain so rife
I walk the path smeared with strife
Moving ahead, despite the blood that I shed
As I go along on my journey of life

- Himanshu

No comments: