Friday, July 4, 2008

Bridal Hunt

Surrounded by unattractive people all around,
I hunt for beauty so rare and prized.
The women I admire, the famed and renowned,
Would be off limits, I woefully surmised.

The Movie Actresses, and the celebrity chicks;
So sensuous with their clothes so bare.
But too out of my league to try my tricks.
So I look out for opportunities else where.

My army spread over a thousand miles
To seek a girl that I will wed.
Astrologically filtered profiles
To pick and choose I duly get.

I further sift and sort through girls:
A shade too dark or inch too tall;
Or her hair too tangled with its curls;
Reasons plenty to reject them all.

A shortlist of dames I draw
To meet in person and examine.
To weed out any glaring flaw
New rounds of rejections begin.

The patient search paid out well.
The best was at the last it seems.
She was the girl who'd always dwelt
Incognito in my dreams.

The fantasies flickered to life,
Of romancing this maiden so coy.
Oh I had to have her as my wife.
(An obedient and a lifelong toy)

I did not notice her scornful glance
As I assumed she was all mine.
I woke up from my blissful trance...
"From this marriage I decline."

Her "regrets" conveyed loud and clear;
Now confused about what I had do.
Coupled with a tinge of fear
At being refused to be married to.

The reason she cited for refusal,
My hair line that was receding fast.
Shallowness now seemed so cruel,
When I met someone who matched my class.

- Himanshu

No comments: